Senior Quantity Surveyor
A Senior Quantity Surveyor is required to join a leading national construction consultancy in their Chelmsford office in Essex, to take the commercial lead on projects in the built environment. Project values vary and are often in the tens of millions (£). You should be a Senior Quantity Surveyor within a reasonable commute of the Harlow office and have experience on building projects.
Projects types vary across the built environment, including new build, refurbishment, fit-out, and mechanical and electrical projects. Project values vary and in some cases are in the tens of millions (£).
Responsibilities and Duties
- You will be commercially responsible for the cost management of your own schemes and projects
- You may be responsible for the management and guidance of Junior Quantity Surveyor(s) depending on your experience and capability
- Be fully responsible pre and post contract works on given projects
- Have an enthusiasm to be involved in being the face of the company, getting involved in business development aspects, and winning future work
- Duties such as tender applications, reporting on tenders, assembly of contract documentation, cost reporting and valuations, agreement of final accounts, take offs, and budget estimating.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience for a consultancy organisation
- Building project experience (new build or refurbishment / fit – out / mechanical and electrical)
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or other relevant discipline
- MRICS status, full member or close to achieving full Membership
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The interviewing company is a national construction consultancy with 10 regional offices in the UK. They employ multi-disciplinary staff and provide a market leading Cost and Project Management service to clients in various sectors.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company pay a very competitive benefits package.