Senior Quantity Surveyor
A Quantity Surveyor is required to work for a specialist, luxury joinery & furniture company who frequently supply high end joinery products for new build / refurbished hotels and residential developments throughout London.
Their office is based in Chelsea in West London and the successful candidate would join a market leading company in luxury joinery products with over 50 years of specialist experience.
The company will largely supply luxury joinery products such as wardrobes, doors and vanity units for new build and refurbished hotels and residential developments. They have a strong relationship with some of London's most prestigious developers and you will see their products in some of London's most high spec buildings. They have circa 70 projects ongoing at this time.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will be required to complete a variety of pre & post contract cost management tasks across an array of exciting projects. We are keen to meet people who innovate and consistently identify more effective and efficient ways of working.
• Maximise the levels of value and cost certainty being achieved for our Clients
• Early identification of risk with robust mitigation strategy
• Delivery of an uncompromised quality service, tailored to suit Client needs
• Accurate financial reporting to all levels both internally and externally
• Client relationship management
• Mentoring and coaching of team members
• Undertake benchmarking comparisons/analyses between suppliers
• Production of management reports to communicate progress and forecasts to the client teams. Including all Pre & Post contract cost management duties
• Undertake negotiation with supply chain members
• Design and production of process manuals (cost management)
• Producing template pricing schedules
• Production of tender documents, schedules of rates including pre-ambles, preliminaries
• Attending sites, internal and external meetings.
• Knowledge of JCT sub-contract orders.
• Be able to check, analyse and advise the managing director on risks before signing a sub-contract order.
• To be involved on all legal terms and conditions during the quotation phase that could result in consequences.
• Managing and issuing monthly applications and variation orders to clients in accordance with the terms of the sub-contract order.
• Keeping and monitoring a profit and loss account for all projects.
• Be aware of and keep up to date with relevant legislation which affects the properties managed by our clients
• Undertake any duties that may reasonably be required, whether or not specifically identified in this job description
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience of working in a Quantity Surveying role at a senior level
- Ability to work independently, carrying out day to day tasks as a Quantity Surveyor without supervision
- Candidates with experience of handling high end joinery packages are desired, even if only as a small part of your previous role(s)
- Excellent client facing skills are required. This is a luxury brand and successful candidates will need to be articulate well with high end clients
- The ability to multi task and plan your days accordingly is essential. You will be managing multiple projects all at various stages of the process
- A formal construction related qualification would be an advantage, but not essential for candidates with experience in this highly specialist sector
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company are specialist with 50 years experience in the manufacturing of luxury furniture. They are Chelsea based and also have operations in Europe. They are market leaders in this sector and their products are highly sought after by luxury developers in London for their developments leading the vast majority of their business is done with blue chip clients.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£50k - £60k Basic Salary + Benefits
25 Days Holiday plus bank holidays