Senior Quantity SurveyorRef MAX8716 Job Posted 15/05/2019 Region North and Scotland Location Cheshire Salary Circa £42k - £60k + package Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
If you’re based in the north of England or Scotland and want exposure to International projects, but remain based in the UK, the following Senior QS role may suit you.
The role will be to work for a market leading multi-disciplinary consultancy offering Quantity Surveying and claims and dispute resolution services to main contractors and client organisations largely within the heavy civils sector.
Projects can be based throughout the North of the UK and Europe. Any working away on site will only be between Mon – Fri. No weekends away will be required.
Suitable candidates would ideally be based in the North West and be able to work out of a Cheshire based office, however due to the location of projects, candidates based anywhere in the North of the UK or Scotland may be considered.
The hiring company provide QS and claims & disputes services to main contractors and client organisations in the North of the UK, Scotland and areas of Western Europe such as Belgium, The Netherlands and Germany.
This division of the business are focussed largely on projects in the civils sector; mainly heavy civils and oil and gas. This can also include off-shore projects in the energy sector.
Candidates may be required to be site based within the clients office or on site from time to time and this may include some travel to projects internationally and domestically that require a stay-over. Any international work will allow candidates to leave on a Monday and be back home on the Friday as a worst case scenario.
Responsibilities and Duties
This position would suit a candidate who enjoys working on a diverse range of projects over the course of 12 months and has a degree of flexibility with relation to project locations (including overseas projects). Within this role, you will get good exposure to working on the contractor side of projects as well as exposure to working directly within client organisations.
Your specific duties will vary depending on the client and role you are fulfilling on each project.
However you will typically be responsible for providing commercial and contractual support to the client’s team on any one project. This could be on an independent basis imbedded into the clients team or as part of a larger team.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates will ideally have some experience working for a main contractor.
- Candidates should have had exposure to projects within the civils sector. Candidates with experience on energy, oil and gas and general heavy civils experience will be particularly desirable. However all major civils experience will be considered.
- Candidates should have the ability to perform post contract duties independently and likely have exposure to running reasonably sized projects or large packages of works on major projects.
- Candidates should have sound client facing skills
- Exposure to claims related tasks within an organisation would be beneficial, but is not essential.
- Degree qualified or hold a similar equivalent qualification
- Membership to a relevant professional body such as the RICS or ICES would be advantageous, but is not essential.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a market leading multi-disciplined consultancy providing Quantity Surveying and claims & disputes services to main contractors and client organisations within the North of England, Scotland and parts of Europe.
They are a highly reputable, well-known name in the industry who can provide candidates with an exciting range of project work within the heavy civils sector, both in the UK and Overseas. If you’re based in the North West and want exposure to international work, this could be a fantastic opportunity to get exposure on overseas projects.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Negotiable Basic Salary & Package + Bonus
Guide Basic Salary = £42k - £60k
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend