Senior Quantity Surveyor
Summary of Senior Quantity Surveyor, London
A Senior Quantity Surveyor vacancy has arisen with one of the UK's largest main contracting company's. The successful candidate will work on a large social housing project located in Clapham, South London. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a sector of construction that is currently booming in the UK with a highly reputable employer.
The successful candidate will be required to work on a large social housing project in Clapham, South London.
Responsibilities and Duties
As the Senior Quantity Surveyor on this project, you will be site based and the primary day-to-day commercial representative for the company on site. You will need to work largely independently, however there will be support from the Commercial Manager where required.
Duties will include:
- Contract administration
- Subcontractor management
- Conducting valuations
- Cost value reconciliations
- Change schedule management
- Variations (compensation/additional time/ additional works
- Pricing compensation
- Client liaison management
- Preparation of final accounts
- Issuing Interim payments certificates
Desired Skills and Experience
Senior Quantity Surveyor skills and experience:
- The ideal candidate will have extensive experience of working for a reputable main contractor on large building projects. Specific experience of working for a main contractor on housing projects is desirable but not essential for this role.
- Demonstrable ability to carry out the full range of Senior Quantity Surveyor duties with minimum supervision (as set out above) is required
- Candidates will have ideally solely managed projects in excess of £10m previously. Multiple examples of performing successfully in this role would be advantageous.
- You will be highly computer literate and have an excellent standard of numeracy and literacy.
- The ideal candidate will be highly organised.
- A degree or equivalent in Quantity Surveying or a similar relevant discipline is desirable, although not vital for this vacancy.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
My client is a UK leader in the property development/regeneration sector. This housing company has turned over more than 1 billion GDP which illustrates their success and hard-working nature. My client operates multiple offices in the UK and employs over 3,000 workers, making them one of the UK’s largest housing contractors. My client offers exciting career opportunities, as well as a range of projects that will challenge and stretch you.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£50k - £65k + Car + Other Benefits