Senior Quantity SurveyorRef MAX7229 Job Posted 07/12/2016 Region Midlands and East Anglia Location Coventry, Warwickshire Salary GBP50-65k Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Steve Thomas
Senior Quantity Surveyor job vacancy for a confident and experienced Senior QS to work on site near Coventry. To have experience of managing complex road projects from ECI (Early Contractor Involvement) through to live construction on site and to final client handover.
A major road widening and junction improvement project near Coventry, Warwickshire.
Site based, the project will run on site for 24 months.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assisting with pre contract cost estimates in the ECI phase and costing design changes
- Providing value engineering input
- Carrying out periodic valuations of live work in progress, including forecasting of final costs
- Preparation and monitoring of project cash flow forecasts.
- Measuring, valuation, submit and negotiate contract variations.
- Preparing to submit and negotiate project final accounts.
- Certification of subcontractor monthly valuations and final accounts.
- Ensuring business commercial processes are adhered to at project level.
- Regular communication with project management and specialist subcontractors to ensure commercial controls are in place, understood and followed at all times.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Extensive civil engineering contracting Quantity Surveying experience
- Pre and post contract experience
- ECI experience
- Strong negotiation skills with both the client and with subcontractors
- A degree or equivalent in Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management
- Chartered with MRICS or MInstCES or equivalent is highly desirable
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A leading UK national contractor with civil engineering, building and M&E operating divisions.
Their civil engineering division operates nationwide across the UK with projects in London, the South East, the Midlands, north and in Scotland and Wales.
They offer a fantastic training and professional development programme, including sponsorship for construction degrees and mentoring towards the achievement of MRICS and MInstCES.
Please get in touch with your updated CV to find out more about this vacancy and this leading engineering and construction employer.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Car, pension, bonus, professional memberships
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend