Senior Quantity Surveyor
A professional, senior level Quantity Surveyor is required to join a Midlands based Consultancy Service to work on project in the built environment. The hiring company is based in Coventry, Warwickshire and provide Consultancy Services to clients on projects in the built environment.
Typical projects range from £1m - £8m in value, however the company also have worked on projects much larger than this previously. The majority of their work is based within a 3 mile radius of Coventry.
They have picked up a couple of projects in the Education sector recently and the successful candidate will start their career by managing one of these projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
As Senior QS within the business, you will be responsible for pre and post contract duties on projects within the built environment. Typical duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Cost Reporting
- Bills of Quantities production
- Final accounting
- Reporting to client
- Cost planning
Desired Skills and Experience
- A firm understanding of the QS role working for a profession consultancy and ability to carry out day to day tasks such as bills of quants production, valuations, cost reporting independently
- Strong client facing skills are essential
- Experience of pre and post contract duties as a Quantity Surveyor
- Previous experience of working for a Consultancy (as opposed to contractor / sub contractor) is desired. Candidates with a combination of contractor and consultancy side experience will be considered
- Candidates currently working at intermediate level are welcome to apply if you have experience of managing projects independently in the region of £1m - £8m in value
- Qualified to Degree level (or similar equivalent) is essential
- Professional membership to the RICS is desired, however suitably experienced, degree qualified candidates working towards their MRICS will be considered
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is small but highly reputable Consultancy based in Coventry, Warwickshire. They have a highly experienced senior management team with over 75 years of construction experience between them. They operate within a wide range of sectors within the built environment, offering consultancy services mainly in Cost and Project Management.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£38k - £50k (DOE)