Senior Quantity Surveyor
A Senior Quantity Surveyor is required to work for a specialist structural steel manufacturers in the South of the UK. The hiring company is one of the UK's premier suppliers of structural steel and due to increased work, they require a Senior QS to work within their commercial department and be office based in Crawley, Sussex.
The company specialise in the design, fabrication and installation of structural steel works. As such, the Senior Quantity Surveyor will be involved on projects across all sectors including commercial, education, industrial and residential developments. The company will typically work as a sub-contractor for supplying and installing the steel frame on such developments and these packages will typically range from £150,000 to £2,500,000.
Responsibilities and Duties
You will join a small existing commercial team comprising of a Commercial Director and a Quantity Surveyor. This will be a mid-management role, where you will assist the Director in day-to-day commercial tasks whilst being responsible for managing the junior member of the team.
Specific Duties include:
- Management of all procurement activities on the project.
- Interfacing between supply chain & internal departments to enable timely input of cost information to produce reports as required.
- Monitor labour, plant & other cost allocations, report cost deviations to budget.
- Change management on specific contract packages.
- Input into the production of cost to complete & periodic cost forecasting.
- Administration of contracts - assessing risk and opportunity.
- Attend client meetings with regards to the projects commercial performance.
Desired Skills and Experience
The hiring company are looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and commercially astute individual to join their business.
Specific requirements include:
- Candidates should have a strong experience & understanding of the Quantity Surveying role
- Previous experience of working for a main contractor / sub-contractor is preferred
- Candidates must have strong contractual experience
- Previous experience of working on steel frame packages would be an advantage, but not essential for the ideal candidate.
- Candidates should have experience as a Quantity Surveyor on a Design & Build basis
- Experience of using JCT form of contract is desired
- Previous experience of managing / mentoring junior members of staff successfully is desired
A formal qualification in a relevant subject such as Quantity Surveying is desired
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a leading steel specialist in the UK and the largest steel fabricator in the South of England. They are a growing business with a turnover just shy of £12m this year and estimated turnover of £16m next year. They have an excellent reputation as specialists in the installation of structural projects on behalf of main contractors.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£40,000 - £50,000 + Car + Mobile + Other Benefits