Senior Quantity Surveyor
A Senior Quantity Surveyor is required for a fantastic opportunity in Croydon, South London. You should be a Chartered Quantity Surveyor who is driven, and has ambition to pursue a career with a top 20 UK construction consultancy. You will act as the cost management lead on a variety of building projects throughout London and the South of England.
You will act as the Senior Quantity Surveyor and cost management lead on a variety of building projects throughout London and the South of England. Projects will include retail, residential, education, health, industrial and logistics, commercial, leisure, transport and infrastructure.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Act in a client facing or client side role taking the commercial lead on projects
- Management of junior Quantity Surveyors
- Analysis, evaluation/assessment of tender reports
- Negotiation and contract formulation
- Prepare and / or review cost plans
- Handling post tender qualification documents & procedures
- Preparation of recommendations for award of contractor packages
- Acting as an Employers Agent when required
- Bank monitoring will also be included
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience in the built environment as a Quantity Surveyor
- Experience of bank monitoring is a bonus
- IT literate including the use of CostX and MS Office Suite
- Strong personal and client facing skills having demonstrated excellent standards of customer care
- Member of the RICS or CIOB
- Degree qualification is strongly preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a top 20 construction consultancy in the UK with multiple offices in overseas locations. They are expanding in size whilst maintaining a first class service in regards to quality services to clients in their sectors. They offer unrivalled project exposure and boast an excellent staff retention rate. Team player attitudes are welcomed for continued growth of the business on a national and international level.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a very competitive salary and package inclusive of a car allowance, private health scheme and pension contribution.