Senior Quantity SurveyorRef MAX8713 Job Posted 15/05/2019 Region North and Scotland Location Derby, Derbyshire Salary Negotiable Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Steve Thomas
Senior Quantity Surveyor job vacancy to work for a leading civil engineering contractor based from Derbyshire. Job role will be to help manage the commercial function and manage projects within the operating region.
Senior Quantity Surveyor job to work within the Midlands / northern regional civil engineering construction function for a major national civil engineering contractor.
The region's hub is in the Derby area, and includes the counties and regions of Derbyshire, West Midlands, Birmingham, Yorkshire, Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Staffordshire, Leicestershire, Warwickshire and Rutland. You will be based on a live project within the region and will visit other regional projects as needed to offer quantity surveying and commercial management and support as required.
Projects include one off civil engineering and infrastructure projects that range between £1m to £50m in value but typically are £5-20m in size. In addition there are a number of live framework projects for water, environmental and highways and road clients that require regular oversight, management and commercial attention.
Responsibilities and Duties
The main Senior Quantity Surveyor duties on the civil enginering projects and frameworks described above will include:
- Ability to identify potential risks and evaluate options for control
- Review and advise on certification for contract payments to sub-contractors.
- Advise regional staff to ensure contract variations are identified and maximise recovery.
- Advise regional staff to facilitate timely applications for payment and prompt final account settlements.
- Prepare documentation for the Managing Quantity Surveyor for dispute resolution situations when required.
- Prepare and review CVR reports with Contracts Managers and agree reporting position prior to submission to the Managing Quantity Surveyor and Regional Director.
- Ensure regional staff comply with commercial procedures and contractual requirements.
- Guide and advise regional staff on contractual and financial issues affecting the commercial aspects in the region.
Desired Skills and Experience
- You will need to be able to demonstrate knowledge of working as a Senior Quantity Surveyor or be ready for promotion from Quantity Surveyor to Senior Quantity Surveyor.
- You will need to be able to show a broad range of Civil Engineering project experience, preferably within the UK and have gained this experience working for a national or regional civil engineering contractor or subcontractor.
- Project experience must include contracting experience on highways, roads, infrastructure and structures and bridge civil engineering projects.
- You will need to be reasonably proficient in all aspects of the NEC form of contract and be able to show this experience.
- Demonstable communication skills
- Demonstrable experience of managing potential risks and evaluating options for control are needed
- Demonstrable experience of reviewing certification for contract payments to sub-contractors.
- Demonstrable experience of helping with contract variation identification and maximisation of recovery.
- Some experience of preparing documentation for dispute resolution that has led to successful outcomes is desirable
- Experience of preparing and reviewing CVR reports is needed
- Experience of presenting commercial reports to colleagues
- Experience of checking and reporting that regional staff are complying with commercial procedures and contractual requirements.
- Experience of advising regional staff on contractual and financial issues affecting the commercial aspects in the region.
- A degree or HNC/HND or equivalent in Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management is desired
- MRICS or MInstCES would be an advantage
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A high quality and well regarded national civil engineering contractor operating from a number of regional hubs across the UK.
They have a number of blue chip public and private sector client customers they work for on both a one off, repeat, negotiated and long term NEC framework basis.
Projects include one off civil engineering and infrastructure projects that range between £1m to £50m in value but typically are £5-20m in size and in addition there are a number of live framework projects for water, environmental and highways/road clients.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Car or Car Allowance
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend