Senior Quantity Surveyor
An established Oxfordshire based QS/PM Consultancy seeks a Senior Quantity Surveyor with Project Management experience to join their business working on projects across the building and civil engineering sectors. This is a fantastic opportunity for a qualified Quantity Surveyor in the Oxfordshire area to join a professional team of Quantity Surveyors and Project Managers working on a range of projects typically within an hour of their offices in Abingdon, Oxfordshire.
In the short term, the successful candidate will join a Project Team working on a selection of scientific construction projects near Didcot in Oxfordshire. Value of projects range from £2m-£10m. In the medium term, projects could include utilities infrastructure through to commercial building projects as the candidate takes an active involvement on a variety of project work. Once successfully established in the role, in the medium to long term, the candidate may well have the opportunity to become involved in an Associate role contributing more widely in the running of the business, as it seeks to expand.
Responsibilities and Duties
• All aspects of Cost Control for construction projects reporting to and supporting a Director.
• Preparation of Cost Plans
• Advise and support Design Team and Client on cost effective methods of construction.
• Sourcing and evaluation of Trade Contractors
• Preparation of Trade Package Tender Documents and obtain tenders.
• Preparation of Trade Package contracts.
• Manage selection process of Trade Contractors and place orders.
• Carry out monthly valuations and assess variations.
• Ensure projects proceed and progress within agreed budget.
• Prepare overall financial reports for projects.
• Agree Trade Contractors’ final accounts.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Candidates should have enough relevant experience as a Quantity Surveyor to understand the fundamental purposes of the role and be able to carry out day to day duties without close supervision.
• Candidates must have experience of working on commercial build / fit-out projects and experience of utilities infrastructure would also be useful.
• Candidates should have experience of Construction Management
• Candidates must be confident, personable and be able to communicate directly with the client
• Candidates must have a strong commercial acumen and be able to monitor costs effectively
• Excellent report writing skills are required
• Candidates are initially expected to be part of a site-based Project Team on a variety of projects and should feel comfortable in working in this environment.
• Candidates must be qualified to Degree level (or similar equivalent) as a minimum
• Full membership to a professional body such as the RICS, ICES, IOB etc would be preferable.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is an established Oxfordshire based Construction Management Consultancy who turnover in the region of £2m per annum. They have a small office of circa 15 construction professionals in Quantity Surveying and Project Management. The company have an excellent record of staff retention and this is achieved through creating a positive, friendly and professional work environment for its employees. The position on offer would suit a bright and motivated Quantity Surveyor who is looking for a long-term career with an established and highly respected local Consultancy.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£55k - £65k (DOE)
+ other benefits available to the right candidate