Senior Quantity Surveyor
A Senior Quantity Surveying vacancy exists with one of the leading British main contractors based in Qatar. The successful candidate will work on a 250m QAR Sewerage Treatment Plant with elements of building and civils work . You will manage between 2 - 3 junior members of staff whilst reporting to the Divisional Commercial Manager.
The project is a 250m QAR Sewerage Treatment Plant based in Doha, Qatar. The project comprises of a combination of building and civils work and has circa 24 months left until completion. This will be a permanent role however, and not a contract position.
Responsibilities and Duties
You will be the primary site based commercial representative on this project for the company and manage a small commercial team of site based staff whilst reporting regularly to the Divisional Commercial Manager.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates must come from a strong main contracting background. Experience of working for larger main contractors is preferred.
- Must have experience in preparing budgets, forecasting and regularly reporting to a senior manager
- Candidates must have experience of being the lead day-to-day commercial contact on projects in the region of 150m QAR (Circa £25m)
- Whilst there is building and civils work related to this project, candidates coming from a project background of working on largely building projects are preferred. Although some civils experience is an advantage.
- Previous Middle Eastern experience is desired, but may not be essential for the ideal candidate
- Previous experience of using CCS (Candy post contract software) would be an advantage
Candidates must be Degree qualified or hold an equivalent qualification
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is widely considered to be one of the leading employers for main contracting Quantity Surveyors in Qatar. They can offer candidates the opportunity to work on exciting projects in Doha, Qatar and with highly experienced fellow professionals.
This is an exciting position to join a British owned Main Contracting company with an excellent reputation in the Middle East region.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
All in Package in the region of 35k - 40k QAR p/m + Flights