Senior Quantity Surveyor
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsibility for all QS and contractual matters in relation to the execution of the construction contract including (but not limited to) payment certificates, claims, variation orders etc.
- Provide assistance to the team during negotiations, arbitration or any other forms of dispute resolution
- Provides guidance, direction, and specialized assistance for the resolution of difficult project control problems. Interface with clients, attend regular meetings, and give statistical reports.
- Understands and applies engineering, procurement, and construction terminology, concepts, and relationships. Develops and maintains critical path logic networks and bar charts utilizing this information.
- Customizes project control systems to meet specific project requirements.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience on at least 1 major highway project (more is strongly desired) is essential
- Previous experience in the Middle East is desired. Other reputable International experience could be considered
- Experience in claims / arbitration methods and procedures are desired
- Some knowledge of Primavera software would be an advantage
- Being degree qualified or recognised equivalent is essential
- Membership to a professional body such as the RICS or MCIOB (or similar equivalent) is also essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a leading engineering consultancy with offices throughout the World and a specialist expertise in civil engineering projects. Their turnover was in excess of $3Bn (US) in 2013 and they have a growing presence in the Middle Eastern market.