Senior Quantity Surveyor
Responsibilities and Duties
- Typical day to day duties will include:
- Preparation of cost plans
- Tender evaluation & assessment
- Preparation of recommendations for award of contractor packages
- Preparing and presenting cash flow & cost management advice to clients Interpreting and offering advice on contract
- Ensuring contractual notices and client entitlements are properly administered
- Preparation of contractor's payment recommendations
- Managing Variations
- Agreement of final accounts
- Management of other members of staff, both Quantity Surveyors and Measurement Technicians
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience on civil engineering projects is required. Tunneling, bridge and rail projects are of particular interest
- Candidates must have a minimum of 7 years post qualification experience. This is a requirement from the client of the project and the employer will not be able to get CV’s without this experience approved to work on the project.
- Some experience of working for a PQS company or directly for a Client is required. A bias towards main contracting experience is also ok, as long as you have some PQS / Client side experience
- Candidates with no previous International experience will be considered, however they must meet all of the above criteria.
- Candidates must be Degree qualified (or similar equivalent)
- Candidates must qualified to a professional body such as the RICS or be very near to completing this
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The employer has been an established business in the Middle East region for over 50 years and offer a range of services including Quantity Surveying, Project Management, Contract Administration and Facility Management. They have offices throughout the Gulf Region and are ISO 9001 accredited.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- 40k – 48k Qatari Riyals per month (TAX FREE)
- Converted into GBP: £7,100 – £8,500 per month (TAX FREE)