Senior Quantity Surveyor
A Senior Quantity Surveyor role exists to join a market leading British Consultancy operating in Doha, Qatar.
The successful candidate will work for a major British Consultancy, working on major Qatari based projects within built environment. You will work within the Cost Consulting division of the business and perform pre and post contract duties on major projects such as high rise towers and luxurious 5 star hotels.
You will gain the opportunity to work on complex, high end real estate projects within Qatar. This will include high rise towers, luxurious 5 star hotels and a range of other exciting projects within this sector.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will report to the Associate Director of this business unit and be responsible for the day-today management and delegation of tasks within a small team of staff carrying out pre-contract work, including cost planning on a number of projects. Candidates will also get the opportunity to be involved in post contract duties in due course, however in the immediate term, the role will be pre-contract biased with the following purposes:
- To perform the role of the Commission Manager, taking responsibility for end to end service delivery.
- To provide excellent service delivery to clients, gain their trust and enhance the businesses reputation.
- To ensure that client objectives are met through the delivery of an effective cost management service from pre-contract to handover.
Specific duties will include:
- Estimating and cost planning to include producing and presenting the final cost plan.
- Production of full Bills of Quantities and tender documents.
- Tendering and procuring, including managing the re-qualification stage, producing the tender list, preparing preambles and preliminaries, tender queries, tender analysis, producing the tender report and compiling the contractual documents.
- Negotiating with contractors and agreeing final accounts.
- Interfacing with the client, contractors and other consultants, at all projects stages.
- Where appropriate, leading a cost management team, ensuring that they deliver on all of the above accountabilities.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates must be ambitious, dynamic and willing to go that extra mile to succeed
- Candidates must demonstrable competence in pre-contract duties such as cost planning
- Ability to manage Cost Plans and manage / delegate work accordingly to a team of junior Surveyors
- Relevant project experience in high rise towers, hotels, luxury fit-out and commercial buildings is desired
- Strong client facing skills
- Previous experience is the Middle East is NOT essential. However it is advantageous.
- Candidates should be qualified to Degree level (or similar equivalent)
- Membership to a professional body would be advantageous, but is not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company are a market leading British Consultancy with offices globally. The Doha office of this business is an established and highly regarded business unit in its own right and have successfully been involved in many of the signature projects in Doha over the last 10 years. This is a fantastic role for a candidate with a fantastic work ethic and attitude to work. The successful candidate will work for a market leading Consultancy on major international projects, which will do wonders to enhance your experience and future prospects.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
38k – 45k QAR p/m all in salary
In GBP this equates to £8,150 - £9,650 p/m (£97,800 - £115,800 p/a)
+ Private medical cover