Senior Quantity SurveyorRef MAX9165 Consultant Stuart Hackett Region Dubai Location Dubai, UAE Salary 36K - 45K AED per month all in salary Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 07/06/2021 Status Active: Maxim working on candidate shortlist
A Senior Quantity Surveyor is required to work for a large British managed, Dubai based Quantity Surveying Cost Management Consultancy.
The successful candidate will join one of the most established British ran consultancies in Dubai who have strong relationships with a number of major clients in the Dubai market. You will work on Dubai’s prestigious airport developments.
To be successful in this role you will need to be a Chartered Quantity Surveying with experience of managing your own complex projects and/or packages of work on major projects. Fully capable of carrying out all cost management duties and value engineering.
You will ideally have local Dubai experience, however strong candidates without Dubai experience will be considered.
The hiring company work in a variety of sectors within the UAE construction market. However, they have a long-standing relationship with clients specialising on work within the Dubai based airports.
Responsibilities and Duties
Your duties as a Senior Quantity Surveyor with this company will vary according to specific project requirements, but are likely to include a combination of:
- Preparation of cost plans
- General cost management
- Value Engineering
- Tender evaluation & assessment
- Preparation of recommendations for award of contractor packages
- Preparing and presenting cash flow & cost management advice to clients
- Interpreting and offering advice on contract
- Ensuring contractual notices and client entitlements are properly administered
- Preparation of contractor’s payment recommendations
- Measuring & valuing variations
- Agreement of final accounts
- Management of other members of staff, both Quantity Surveyors and Measurement Technicians
Desired Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable experience on your CV of your ability to perform unassisted a number of the quantity surveying duties listed above
- Experience of managing junior and other quantity surveying staff and of taking full responsibility for project progress and completion
- Experience of a Senior Quantity Surveying or similar role on large, complex projects is essential
- Due to the clients requirements to gain approval onto this project, candidates will need a minimum of 10 years post qualification experience to perform in this role
- Previous experience on airport projects would be advantageous, however is not essential
- A Degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent from a UK or internationally recognized university is essential
- Full membership to a professional body such as the RICS is essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This company is a dynamic Quantity Surveying Cost Consultancy that has been established in Dubai for over 20 years, and offers an unrivalled service to their repeat clients. They are a British owned and managed consultancy who work to leading international standards and procedures.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
36k – 45k AED per month all in salary
+ Medical Insurance
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend