Senior Quantity Surveyor
A top 10 main contractor in the United Kingdom is looking to hire a Senior Quantity Surveyor to work on projects in the education sector covering East and Central London.
The successful candidate will work specifically within the companies education division and work on multimillion GBP projects across East and Central London.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Line management and integration of new team members where appropriate
- Ensure cash flow is maximised including ensuring payments are received on time
- Provide commercial input including financial and contractual performance forecasts to the management team. Help ensure that business targets and KPI's are exceeded
- Preparation of monthly cost / value reports for area, together with review of results and consideration of trends with other contract team members
- Production of commercial reports together with review of results and consideration of trends with other contract team members
- Physical measurement of works and agreement of same with client and subcontractors
- Agreement of certification and payment of subcontractor accounts - monitoring of such accounts against forecasts
- Implementation and compliance with the contract change control procedure and monitoring thereof including notices to client as appropriate
- Commercial and contractual advice to area team as and when required
- Managing sub-contractors including sending out enquiries, collating prices, comparing with tender, negotiation, order placement, agreement of account and payment
- Carry out any other duties not identified above and as required by their manager
- To assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks and implement Kier Group's policies for risk management.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must have previous experience in a Project QS or Senior QS role (or similar) with reputable national / regional main contractors
- Previous experience on projects within the education sector would be an advantage, however this is not essential. Although candidates should have considerable experience of working on multimillion GBP construction projects.
- Proven management / mentoring skills are essential
- Highly proficient IT user in MS Office (Especially Excel) - Must have a flexible attitude to working hours and travel
- Educated to a degree level (or similar equivalent) or higher
- Holder of full UK Driving License essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a top 10 main contractor in the UK with a the capability to deliver projects across all sectors of construction and civil engineering. They have a excellent reputation for delivering key projects and are known to be an excellent employer with some of the most experienced staff in the industry to work with and learn from.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£50k - £60k + Car + Benefits