Senior Quantity Surveyor
A Senior Quantity Surveyor is required to join a global construction cost and claims consultancy company, to work on exciting rail projects. As the Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will ensure that all the works will be undertaken are in accordance with relevant contract and procurement strategies aligned with pre-determined contract processes. You will be responsible for all of the post contract commercial contract management and support pre-contract activity of all frameworks and contracts related to the relevant programme of works.
Projects will all be in the rail sector, with high profile rail clients.
Responsibilities and Duties
1. Responsible for establishing and implementing appropriate commercial strategies including effective project cost management and providing feedback into subsequent procurement processes.
2. Responsible for the commercial management of framework agreements and supporting contracts leading the commercial review of contractor delivery, attending valuation & progress meetings as necessary.
3. Initiate estimating and risk & value management of projects in a timely manner during the project life-cycle, recommending appropriate mitigating actions on commercial/risk events at the earliest opportunity.
4. Lead the negotiation of all prices under existing contracts/framework agreements (including the negotiation of target costs) and fully participate in the associated Quantitative Risk Assessment and Value Management Workshops.
5. Responsible for monitoring and managing all project reporting such that it is accurately maintained and recorded in accordance with company reporting systems. Explain all variances to outturns, period forecasts, AFCs and budget/authority to Finance & Commercial Director [Region] / Programme Commercial Manager/Programme Manager and Director, proposing mitigating actions at the earliest opportunity.
6. Lead and deploy the commercial team in the management of all live projects ensuring they are are adequately resourced from a commercial perspective.
7. Provide pro-active expertise, advice and governance on all contract/scope changes in accordance
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proven experience as a Quantity Surveyor for a consultancy, in the rail sector
- Client side / consultancy experience is essential
- Understand project control management, analysis and implementation
- Degree qualified or equivalent is preferred
- MRICS or working towards is preferred but not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The interviewing Company have an unmatched combination of breadth and depth of expertise across a worldwide network. They work on major projects in the UK and worldwide as a project service company, and also a claims advisory/Expert Witness basis.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a market leading benefits package.