Senior Quantity Surveyor
Due to a full order book and growth, a leading British main contractor is looking to recruit a Senior Quantity Surveyor for their Gloucestershire Office. This is the regional office of a top 10 main contractor who typically work on projects ranging from £2m up to £100m in the built environment.
This position would suit candidates who are capable of and have experience of managing projects in excess of circa £10m and that can work closely with the Managing QS to deliver projects within an hour commute of Cheltenham, Gloucestershire.
Projects undertaken will range from £2m all the way up to £100m in some instances. these projects will typically be within the built environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Line management and integration of new team members where appropriate
• Ensure cash flow is maximised including ensuring payments are received on time
• Provide commercial input including financial and contractual performance forecasts to the management team. Help ensure that business targets and KPI’s are exceeded
• Preparation of monthly cost / value reports for area, together with review of results and consideration of trends with other contract team members
• Production of commercial reports together with review of results and consideration of trends with other contract team members
• Physical measurement of works and agreement of same with client and subcontractors
• Agreement of certification and payment of subcontractor accounts - monitoring of such accounts against forecasts
• Implementation and compliance with the contract change control procedure and monitoring thereof including notices to client as appropriate
• Commercial and contractual advice to area team as and when required
• Managing sub-contractors including sending out enquiries, collating prices, comparing with tender, negotiation, order placement, agreement of account and payment
• Carry out any other duties not identified above and as required by their manager
• To assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks and implement the company's policies for risk management
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previously managed reasonably large sized projects for a main contractor. Ideally, circa £10m+.
- Strong main history of working for main contractors rather than consultancies or clients
- Be ambitious, hard working and take pride in their work
- Excellent communication skills
- Well organised with proven time management skills
- Proficient IT user - particularly in MS Excel
- Candidates must be educated to Degree level or similar equivalent
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a leading UK main contractor with a reputation for delivering major projects. They have a large number of regional offices and as a business they operate across a range of sectors. They are renowned for their expertise and one of the most recognised construction companies in the country. They offer a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package and are widely regarded as a fantastic employer for ambitious Quantity Surveyors who want to work on exciting projects with highly professional colleagues.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Circa 40k - £49k + Car + excellent benefits package