Senior Quantity Surveyor
A Senior Quantity Surveyor is required to work for a rapidly growing medium sized contractor who carry out projects in the built environment throughout London. Due to continued success and an increasing order book, the hiring company require extra commercial support based out of their office in Greenford in West London. The successful candidate would specifically work within the companies Decent Homes Division carrying out new build, refurbishment and planned maintenance work on residential properties.
Projects within the Decent Homes Division will be reasonably low in value, but high in volume.
Work will largely be in planned maintenance and refurbishment, but could also include some new build work from time to time.
Responsibilities and Duties
As Senior Quantity Surveyor you will report to the Divisional Commercial Manager. You will be given you own project(s) to take control of from day one. Typical duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Producing monthly Cost Value Reconciliations
- Creating orders
- Producing valuations
- Managing payments
- Sub contractor procurement & management
- Keeping organised and accurate documentation for the project(s)
- Producing weekly and monthly reports
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience of working in the residential sector is desired. Ideally, specifically carrying out planned maintenance / refurbishments on residential properties.
- Must have previous experience of working across multiple projects at any one time
- Should have previous experience of working for a main contractor or sub contractor in the built environment
- Candidates must be highly professional with strong client facing skills
- Strong Planning and Organisational skills
- A Degree qualification (or similar equivalent) would be preferred, however for candidates with relevant experience and no Degree will be considered
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a small to medium sized main contractor who are experiencing strong growth. Whilst being relatively small in size, the business has been established since 2000 and has gone from strength to strength in this time. Now they operate with a turnover of circa £60m and growing. This comes from 5 Divisions of the business. The vast majority of their work comes from repeat clients and they can offer candidates the opportunity to manage their own projects across a wide range of sectors in the construction industry.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Circa £55k - £70k + Pension + Bonus