Senior Quantity Surveyor
A national contractor with a turnover of circa £400m and growing, requires an Project Quantity Surveyor to work within their civils & infrastructure division out of the Hampshire site office. The company are very busy in the highways sector, therefore candidates based within commutable distance to Hampshire but within the M3 &M4 motorways would be ideal for ongoing projects.
The hiring company is capable of delivering projects in both the built environment and civils & infrastructure sectors.
This specific role is to work for the civils & infrastructure division of the business and typical projects will include highways, roads, bridges, major earthworks & drainage. Typical projects will range from minor road improvements through to major £50m infrastructure projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
As Project Quantity Surveyor, you will work as the lead Quantity Surveyor on one or more projects (dependant on size) and report to the Regional Commercial Manager. In most instances, you will also be supported by an junior QS and have the responsibility of mentoring them.
Typical duties will include:
- Contract administration
- Subcontractor management
- Conducting valuations
- Cost value reconciliations
- Change schedule management
- Variations (compensation/additional time/ additional works)
- Pricing compensation
- Client liaison management
- Preparation of final accounts
- Issuing Interim payments certificates
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates should have previously worked successfully as a Project Quantity Surveyor or Senior Quantity Surveyor on civils & infrastructure projects.
- Candidates must have a strong bias towards working for reputable main contractors or sub-contractors in the civils & infrastructure sector.
- Previous experience of managing junior level staff would be an advantage but is not necessarily essential.
- Candidates should have a good understanding of the responsibilities of the Project Quantity Surveying function and its purpose and had some experience in carrying out many of the duties set in this job description
- Candidates must have a positive, 'can do' attitude and a strong work ethic
- Candidates must hold a fully completed degree qualification or similar equivalent.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a national contractor with sites spanning the length and breadth of the UK. They had a turnover of £400m in 2015 and this is expected to grow significantly in 2016. The work on a wide variety of projects in the built environment and civils & infrastructure sectors.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£35k - £55k (DOE) + Company Car + Medical Insurance + Pension