Senior Quantity Surveyor
A Senior Quantity Surveyor is required to join a major international construction consultancy on a £2.5bn aviation framework at a London airport. You will gain fantastic project exposure as a Senior Quantity Surveyor on one of the most exciting schemes in the UK, where career progression is unrivalled should you possess the drive and ambition to succeed. You will be joining the baggage handling post contract team in a delivery role, in a client facing capacity. There will also be potential to work on a major runway construction in the future.
You will be joining the post contract baggage handling project team, which will include new installation of such projects and also replenishment of current baggage handling systems in the airport. The baggage handling system contract is the largest of its kind in the UK.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To perform the role of Senior Quantity Surveyor on allocated projects on the airport
- To act as a key client interface on a day to day basis, ensuring that client objectives are met through the delivery of a premium cost management and quantity surveying service
- Working in an open plan office amongst client representatives, being able to emit confidence and professionalism in what you do
- Ensuring that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively
- Ensuring that cost checking and valuation work is managed effectively
- Value engineering and life cycle costing
- Ensuring that final accounts are negotiated and agreed
- Liaising with / monitoring contractors on site
Desired Skills and Experience
- Baggage handling project experience is a bonus but by no means essential for this role, candidates wanting to work in this sector for a global construction practice will be hired if they show the drive
- Able to be client facing and professional from a consultancy point of view on a day to say basis
- A steady career path as a Quantity Surveyor
- Experience managing projects (post contract) is essential
- Main Contracting or Consultancy experience is considered for this role
- Degree qualified or equivalent in Quantity Surveying or similar construction discipline is strongly preferred
- Member of RICS or ICES is preferred, or on route to completing. At the very least, desire to embark down this route.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The employer is a leading international construction consultancy with offices worldwide. The company work on major projects in all sectors and are considered a market leader in delivering some of the largest and most prestigious construction projects worldwide.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a car allowance, pension, healthcare, and other attractive benefits. 75% off certain train lines is given.