Senior Quantity Surveyor
An experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor is being sought by a top tier Main Contractor to work from their Hebburn office in North East England. The successful candidate will work on a £12m new build school project in Teeside. Could this be an excellent opportunity to showcase your skills?
The successful candidate will work on a £12m new build school project in Teeside.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will be reporting directly to the Commercial Manager and will be expected to perform a multitude of Quantity Surveying tasks including, but not limited to:
- Contract administration
- Subcontractor management
- Conducting valuations
- Conducting measurements
- Cost value reconciliations
- Change schedule management
- Variations (compensation/additional time/ additional works)
- Pricing compensation
- Client liaison management
- Preparation of claims
- Preparation of final accounts
- Issuing Interim payments certificates
Desired Skills and Experience
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Extensive experience working on build projects
- Excellent negotiating skills
- IT Literate
- The ability to use your own initiative
- Work well within a team
- Highly organised
A degree or similar equivalent in quantity surveying or alternative relevant discipline is highly desirable, but not essential for this role.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The client is at the forefront of the construction industry and consistently delivers on some of the most complex projects within the sector. The group employs over 15,000 people in countries such as the UK, China & the Middle East and strives to deliver excellence and innovation in every venture. Their vision is world-class and forward-thinking in order to provide sector leading performance for clients and customers alike.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£45k-£50k + benefits