Senior Quantity Surveyor
An exciting Senior Quantity Surveyor role exists with an established main contractor operating in the built environment. There office is based in Hertfordshire and their projects are typically based in the Central London area as well as the Northern Home Counties. You will get the opportunity to work for a large main contractor with a turnover in excess of £150m. You will manage your own projects, typically ranging in value from £10m - £45m. You will also have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects in the built environment, including high end residential, education, sports & leisure, commercial and mixed use developments.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work on a varied range of large scale projects in the built environment. Projects will typically be New Build projects and valued between £10m - £45m in London or the Northern Home Counties.
Sectors that the hiring company are working in:
- High End Residential
- Sports & Leisure
- Mixed Use
Responsibilities and Duties
As Senior Quantity Surveyor you will report to the Commercial Manager and be responsible for managing up to 3 projects dependant on complexity and value.
Specific duties will include:
- Contract administration
- Subcontractor management
- Conducting valuations
- Conducting measurements
- Cost value reconciliations
- Change schedule management
- Variations (compensation/additional time/ additional works)
- Pricing compensation
- Client liaison management
- Preparation of claim
- Preparation of final accounts
- Issuing Interim payments certificates
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates should have prior experience as a Senior / Project Quantity Surveyor of managing projects or packages of work valued in excess of £5m
- Candidates should predominantly come from a main contracting background as a Quantity Surveyor
- Knowledge and experience of JCT form of contract is desired
Qualified to Degree standard (or similar equivalent) is desired
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is an established and highly reputable main contractor who work on large scale projects in London and the Home Counties. They can offer their employees the opportunity to work on exciting, large scale projects in the built environment.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Basic salary £50k - £70k + Travel Allowance + Pension