Senior Quantity Surveyor
Responsibilities and Duties
- To attend monthly site meetings with client discussing progress and project concerns relating to the mechanical and electrical (M&E) subcontract works.
- Reviewing and implementing the provisions of the contract with the respective parties.
- Taking full responsibility for the preparation of monthly M&E cost reports detailing cash-flow and liabilities
- Producing monthly valuations and agreeing the sums due for M&E works with the maincontractor.
- Issuing mechanical & electrical tender information and appointing subcontractors for the various works packages to be let out to other parties.
- Monitoring subcontractor applications and issuing relevant notices and payments thereafter agreeing a final sum for the subcontracted M&E works.
- Monitoring of contract programme detailing matters affecting progress and advising client of implications.
- Administrating variations in accordance with prevailing contract conditions.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience of working on mechanical and electrical (M&E), electrical & mechanical (E&M) or MEP projects is essential. This can be experience gained with a main contractor, subcontractor or cost consultant/PQS.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate experience of having managed their own packages of work unassisted and to a good standard with a reputable organisation.
- Both Cantonese language skills and experience of working in Hong Kong is desirable but not essential.
- A degree in Quantity Surveying (or equivalent) is preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This Hong Kong based M&E Senior M&E QS job vacancy is with one of the major M&E subcontractors in Hong Kong and certainly one with a great reputation. They are part of an international contracting group offering M&E, civil engineering, rail and building construction expertise in Hong Kong, Asia and around the world. A full company profile will be given to shortlisted applicants.
Exceptional career opportunities are available from now and for a number of years to come as Hong Kong has some incredible projects now moving to the stage where the high value M&E works are starting on a variety of types of major projects.