Senior Quantity Surveyor
A Senior Quantity Surveyor is required to join an international consultancy on an Energy from Waste project in the Isle of Wight. The project will extend into 2018, so this will suit someone close to the area or someone willing to lodge during the project. A Senior Quantity Surveyor with PFI background and familiar with payment mechanisms is preferred for this role.
The project is an Energy from Waste project in the Isle of Wight and will extend into 2018.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Being commercially responsible for the project from start to finish on behalf of the client
- Assessing, understanding, and assisting in the delivery of post contract services as the Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Managing the contract from the client side
- Managing the Main Contractor on site
- Assessing variations and working on claim assessments, defending contractor claims where necessary
- Working closely with multidisciplinary teams
- Cost reporting for the client
- Progress meetings and performance monitoring
- Taking ownership and responsibility for your work
- Potentially managing more junior level Quantity Surveyors if required
Desired Skills and Experience
- PFI background
- Knowledge of payment mechanisms
- Main Contractor or Consultancy background are both applicable
- Client interfacing experience
- Energy from Waste experience is preferred
- Degree Qualified
- MRICS or Member of other relevant body
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company are an international construction cost and project management consultancy operating across various continents, involved in some of the most prestigious projects in the UK and worldwide. They have a growing infrastructure division so there are great future prospects for those that join this side of the business.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a car allowance, mileage paid for, lodging if required (if not local), and other great benefits.