Senior Quantity Surveyor
Due to significant growth one of the Midlands most established and respected family ran civils contractors, requires a Quantity Surveyor to work on multiple contracts within the region.
The successful candidate will work as part of a small commercial team of staff handling a range of civils related projects and reporting directly to the Commercial Director.
With an excellent reputation for staff retention, this is a fantastic opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor looking for a prolonged career with a company who really value their employers and dedicate time and resources to their development.
The company are capable of working on a range of civil engineering projects and typically work with local authorities, academic institutions, property developers and as a sub contractor for larger main contractors. Typical types of work they are involved in includes:
- Utilities and Highways Frameworks
- Minor and Major highways schemes
- Bridge Maintenance
- Car Parks
- Reinforced Concrete Frames
- Regeneration Scheme
Responsibilities and Duties
• Be responsible for providing effective financial and contractual support on our client's project
• Strive to maximise profitability by identifying ways to reduce cost or add value to the projects
• Place and oversee all subcontract work packages within contracts, liaising with the Estimating team to negotiate the best possible rates
• Manage the quantum spend of all subcontractors by performing monthly measures against claimed invoices
• Provide support to the Site Agent and Engineers by identifying varied and additional works, as well as assisting with the production of final accounts
• Maintain records and produce a monthly a monthly measure for each project
• Produce monthly reports for the Contracts Manager
• Reconcile and price variation orders
• Keep up-to-date with developments in Quantity Surveying
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience as a Quantity Surveyor with a civil engineering contractor is essential
- An understanding of common contracts such as NEC, ICE and JCT is desired. NEC is the most common form of contract used by the business.
- Self sufficient in measurements and common measurement methods
- Logical and highly numerate
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential
- Strong team player
- Ability to meet deadlines
• A minimum of HND qualification or similar equivalent in a relevant subject is desired
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company are one of the Midlands most reputable family owned civil engineering contractors. They have experienced significant growth over the last 12 months and have ambitious plans to double their turnover in the next 5 years. They have many ISO accreditations, an established list of repeat clients and a impressive record for staff retention. The position would really suit candidates with experience in civil engineering contracting who would like to join a well ran and established family ran business. A company where you can really feel like you've influenced the success of individual projects and the general growth and profitability whilst being rewarded financially for your hard work.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£30k - £45k
+ Company Car or Allowance (+ Fuel card)
+ Employer contributory Pension
+ Life Insurance
+ 25 Day's holiday (Increases with years' service)
+ Bonus based of profitability of your individual projects