Senior Quantity Surveyor
A great opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor with residential experience to join a leading property and construction consultancy based in Leicester.
This Cost Manager employer client is seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor from a PQS background, who is capable of running their own residential projects and is either Chartered or is very near to becoming Chartered with the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors RICS.
The successful candidate for this Senior Quantity Surveyor role will have a good level of residential experience.
There will be an opportunity for hybrid working. Most of the project work will comprise of live housing and residential projects based in the Midlands, and across England.
There is a requirement to for some UK travel, so a full driving licence is desired.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Senior Quantity Surveyor job role will involve pre and post-contract quantity surveying duties although there may be a principal focus towards providing excellent pre-contract services to repeat client customers.
- Leading and managing residential project work independently
- Acting as an Employers Agent where applicable
- Preparation of tender enquiry documents
- Feasibility reports
- Cost Reporting
- Final Accounts
Desired Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years of Quantity Surveying experience in the residential sector
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Pre and post contract and cost management experience
- Procurement and tendering experience
- Excellent communication skills to be able to support prestige clients in the Residential sector
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team
- Full driving license desirable, but not essential
- A Degree in Quantity Surveying or similar equivalent qualification is desired
- MRICS is desired, although help towards achieving MRICS is available, as this employer offers a very strong and well-established APC programme.
- Help with becoming MRICS is offered and can be seen as an attractive feature of this employer.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This premium client is an international property and construction consultancy, who, for the last 130 years have been industry leaders in cost management, project management, health & safety, and digital services.
They provide these services across numerous sectors, and pride themselves on being responsive and reliable which enables them to develop strong, ongoing relationships with their clients, and as part of the growth, there is an opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to be based out of Leicester office.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Generous basic salary range of £40,000 to £50,000 dependant on experience
- Package – to be confirmed with suitable candidates
- Hybrid Working