Senior Quantity Surveyor
A unique Senior Quantity Surveyor role exits, which combines the traditional Quantity Surveying duties with the more niche role of Bank Monitoring. The ideal candidate would be a Chartered Quantity Surveyor with some exposure and/or knowledge of the Bank monitoring role. You will work for a leading UK construction Consultancy and split your time between their Leicester City Centre office and subsequent sites
You will be working on a arrange of projects within the built environment including projects in the high end residential, education and commercial sectors.
Responsibilities and Duties
This is an interesting role in which you will act in a traditional Quantity Surveying role whilst also getting heavily involved in the company’s Bank Monitoring division. Duties will include:
- Acting in a Bank Monitoring for major banks
- Act in a client facing or client side role taking the overall commercial lead on projects
- Analysis, evaluation/assessment of tender reports
- Negotiation and contract formulation
- Prepare and / or review cost plans
- Handling post tender qualification documents & procedures
- Preparation of recommendations for award of contractor packages
- Acting as an Employers Agent when required on selected projects
- Support staff in other UK offices on various schemes from a Leicester office
Desired Skills and Experience
- Should have previous experience working for a reputable construction consultancy
- Previous experience of carrying out the bank monitoring role would be advantageous, however is not essential.
- Personable and confident individual with excellent client facing skills
- Member of the RICS or CIOB
- Degree qualified
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a top 20 construction consultancy in the UK with multiple offices in overseas locations, that has recently opened an office in Leicester. They are expanding in size whilst maintaining a first class service to blue chip clients. They offer unrivalled project exposure and maintain an excellent staff retention rate.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
A basic salary of between £40k - £55k
Plus a package inclusive of a car allowance, private health scheme, life assurance and pension contribution.