Senior Quantity SurveyorRef MAX8572 Job Posted 05/06/2019 Region Midlands and East Anglia Location Leicester, East Midlands Salary £50k-£55k + benefits Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Steve Thomas
A Senior Professional Quantity Surveyor is required to join a fast growing Leicester office of a UK and International consultancy, to work on a variety of building sector projects. You will join a new and fast growing team so there will be plenty of opportunity for career progression with the company.
You will be working on a variety of projects throughout the Midlands, predominantly using the JCT contract. Current project values range from £1m to circa £12m in value. You may also be given exposure to working on major London-based projects from a Leicester base, with Southern projects rising to £100m in value.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Act in a client facing role taking the overall cost management lead on projects
- Analysis, evaluation/assessment of tenders
- Negotiation and contract formulation
- Prepare and / or review cost plans
- Handling post tender qualification documents & procedures
- Preparation of recommendations for award of contractor packages
- Acting as an Employers Agent where required on selected projects
- Should you show the desire, be involved in bank monitoring although this is not essential depending on preference
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience in the built environment as a Quantity Surveyor
- Experience working for a consultancy organisation is preferred, or a shown desire to work for a consultancy if you work for a Main Contractor
- Member of the RICS or CIOB is desired
- Degree qualified is strongly desired
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a multidisciplinary top 20 construction QS consultancy in the UK, with multiple offices in overseas locations. They are expanding in size whilst maintaining a first class service to a clients of all sizes, including blue chip clients. They offer unrivalled project exposure and maintain an excellent staff retention rate across the business.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a very competitive salary and package inclusive of a car allowance, private health scheme, life assurance and pension contribution.
- Senior Quantity Surveyor Coventry, Warwickshire - £45k - £55k + Car + Pension
- Senior Quantity Surveyor Birmingham, West Midlands - £42k - £53k + Car + Pension
- Senior Quantity Surveyor Gloucester - £45k - £55k + package
- Senior Quantity Surveyor Woodford Green, North East London - £50K - £65K
- Senior Quantity Surveyor London - £55k - £65k + car allowance
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend