Senior Quantity Surveyor
A Senior Quantity Surveyor is required to join one a market leading contractor in their specialist sector of road surfacing.
The company are specialists in road surfacing. Project will range from large stretches or roads ad motorways to smaller road maintenance agreements. Specialist projects such as runways on airports are also a common occurrence.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Senior QS within the business, you will report directly into the Managing Quantity Surveyor. Your main responsibility will be to manage a number of projects with support from junior Quantity Surveyors within the business.
Your time will be split between the office and site, and a large bias of the role will be on post contract work. Some typical duties will include:
- Assisting / Advising on Terms and conditions relating to procurement of sub-contractors
- Managing the finances relating to the project(s)
- Maintaining records
- Recovery of values
- Cost Value Reconciliations
- Mentoring junior members of the commercial team
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates will need to have come from a main contractor or sub-contractor background.
- The ability to manage numerous projects of relatively small value at any one time
- Candidates should have some experience of identifying contractual entitlements and when letters are required to be submitted to the main contractor / client organisation
- Candidates with specific experience to highways & roads are strongly preferred. However candidates with general civils project experience will be considered
- Candidates with experience of NEC contract are preferred, however the hiring company also uses JCT and ICE from time to time.
- Excellent organisation & Planning skills are require
- Candidates are expected to have some formal qualification in Quantity Surveying or other relevant subject, plus some post qualification experience in a Quantity Surveying role
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a market leader in its specialist field of road surfacing. The frequently act as a sub-contractor to the larger multi-discipline main contractors on major roads & highways projects as well as working as a main contractor in their own right on smaller regional schemes. They have a commercial team in the region of 10 - 15 covering the East Midlands region and boast impressive office facilities close to the M1 Junction 21a.