Senior Quantity SurveyorRef MAX9060 Consultant Steve Thomas Region Midlands and East Anglia Location Leicestershire Salary Negotiable Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 13/01/2021 Status Live: Interviewing now
Senior Quantity Surveyor / PQS job vacancy with a Chartered QS and PM Consultancy working on building projects in Leicestershire and UK wide.
An expanding Chartered Quantity Surveying and Project Management consultancy in Leicestershire is looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor with strong estimating and tender documentation skills to join a growing cost consulting and cost management team.
You will be reporting to a Director, and will be responsible for managing a team of Quantity Surveyors.
Project work comprises live housing and residential projects, healthcare, industrial and commercial/office projects based in Leicester, Leicestershire, the Midlands, and across England.
Work can include both new build construction and refurbishment works.
A combination of office based work and home working can be agreed to meet the new employee's needs.
Responsibilities and Duties
Suitable Senior Quantity Surveyor candidates will be experienced in:
- The preparation of construction cost estimates without assistance or support
- Creating and updating schedules of work, builder’s quantities and tender documentation.
Senior QS applicants for this job will have a good working knowledge of building contracts and be familiar with using bespoke measurement software e.g. Masterbill or equivalent construction costing software.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor role will involve some post-contract quantity surveying duties although the principal focus will be on providing excellent pre-contract services to repeat client customers.
It will be essential to be capable of managing multiple small to medium sized projects concurrently.
The ability to manage and develop a PQS pre-contract team of Junior Quantity Surveyors is also needed
Typical Senior Quantity Surveyor / Senior Cost Consultant duties will include:
- Cost Estimates
- Schedules of Work
- Builders' Quantities
- Bills of Quantities
- Feasibility studies
- Tender and contract documentation
- Cost Reporting
- Final Accounts
Desired Skills and Experience
The Senior Quantity Surveyor must have extensive cost consultancy experience within a UK PQS Private practice environment.
Experience of building pre-contract work is preferred.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability and experience of managing a variety of projects at any one time
- A BSc in Quantity Surveying or equivalent is preferred.
- MRICS status or progress towards becoming Chartered is highly desirable also although not essential for the right candidate.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The successful candidate will join an established and growing Leicestershire based QS and PM consultancy who work in a professional and collaborative manner.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- In-house and external training provided
- Flexible working arrangements including the opportunity to work from home a number of days per week.
- Quantity Surveyor Burton Upon Trent, Staffordshire - £30k - £40k (DOE)
- Senior Quantity Surveyor Bedford, Bedfordshire - Neg Basic Salary & Package (DOE)
- Intermediate Quantity Surveyor Bedfordshire - to £60,000 + Benefits
- Intermediate Quantity Surveyor Denmark - Circa £30k - £55k + Accommodation + Flights
- Senior Quantity Surveyor South Leicestershire - To £65k
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend