Senior Quantity Surveyor
A Senior Quantity Surveyor vacancy exists with one of the UK’s largest main contractors, to work within their Highways Division on the Lincoln Eastern Bypass project. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor with a good pedigree in delivering value on Highways projects. You will work for one of the UK’s largest and most reputable main contractors on exciting Highways related projects ranging between £1m - £25m.
Your original role will be as Senior Quantity Surveyor on the Lincoln Eastern Bypass project. You will be employed within the company’s Highways division and in the future. You will be expected to work on projects in the region of £1m- £25m.
Responsibilities and Duties
You will report to the Managing QS on this projects and typical duties will include:
• Measurement and valuation of works (on site and from drawings) for Valuations, Variations & Final Accounts by preparing detailed, accurate and orderly measurements in accordance with relevant measurement standards.
• Agreement of valuation dates and preparing, submitting and agreement of interim valuations in accordance with those dates.
• Providing detailed record and valuation of work executed with application of principles of cash maximisation and issuing of draft invoices to Sales Ledger Department and advising of agreed valuations dates.
• Measurement and valuation of subcontractors work for payment and Final Account purposes by agreement of subcontract valuations and completion of regular and timely payment certificates.
• Recognising and advising Site Manager on delays, extensions of time and loss and/or expense and ensuring relevant notices are issued.
• Ensuring adequate records are kept for the purposes of valuing variations and ascertaining loss and/or expense by maintaining records of resource allocation including labour plant and materials and reviewing subcontract correspondence for delay and loss and/or expense claims.
• Preparation of claim documentation & information for submission to Clients/ Consultants within required timescales.
• Satisfying Client deadlines for estimates and quotations whilst applying principles of profit maximisation and protecting Companies interests.
• Preparation of tender enquiry documents for the procurement of subcontractors and assist with the subcontract buyers through to placement of order.
• Understanding and advising on the terms and conditions of the main contract and also the subcontract, which may also include negotiation with the subcontractor for the agreement thereof.
• Internal Valuations/CVRs and subcontract liability reports in accordance with schedule of accounting period end dates and deadlines
• Provision of various standard reports for all reporting tasks and providing them within accordance to the agreed times and frequency. These will include:
- Financial reporting
- Cash flow
- Margin Analysis
- Turnover forecasts
Desired Skills and Experience
Particular experience that is required to suitably fulfil this role:
- Previous experience as a Quantity Surveyor working on Highways projects
- Previous experience using NEC form of contract is desired
- Degree qualified or similar equivalent qualification
- A member of a Professional body or working towards (i.e. RICS, CIOB etc)
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is one of the UK’s largest and reputable main contractors. As a group of businesses, they work within all sectors of the UK construction industry. You will work within the Highways division of the business which delivers in excess of £100m worth of work and has strong relationships with the Highways Agency and many local authorities up and down the country.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£45k - £55k + Car / Car allowance