Senior Quantity SurveyorRef MAX8831 Job Posted 28/11/2019 Region London Location London Salary £50k - £65k (DOE) Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
A top 100 national construction consultancy is seeking to hire a Senior Quantity Surveyor to work on projects out of their London office.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to be a chartered Quantity Surveyor with experience of working for a similarly reputable consultancy. You will have carried out pre and post contract duties and have experience of managing your own projects.
The client works exclusively within the built environment, with projects likely to be varied across the following sectors:
- Hotels & Leisure
Many of the hiring company’s projects relate to high-rise buildings, therefore candidates with experience on high-rise projects would be particularly advantageous.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will report to the Senior Associate and have the following duties & responsibilities:
- Prepare and conduct cost plans, feasibility studies, tender documentation and pre-tender estimates.
- Provide advice on procurement and contracts
- Represent the company by attending client, site and design team meetings throughout the life of each project and actively contribute at these meetings
- Prepare robust contract documentation, including Letters of Intent, for execution by our clients and their main contractors.
- Actively carryout the post contract quantity surveying activities on schemes, including:
o Preparing cost reports and discussing them with the client’s project manager prior to submission.
o Agreeing monthly valuations with the main contractors.
o Valuing scheme variations.
o Agreeing scheme final accounts
o Analysing scheme construction costs for the client’s taxation purposes
- Manage relationships with various people, including clients, project architects, services engineers, project managers, suppliers, contractors, as well as the internal teams
- Actively support business objectives and deliver value for money in all circumstances
- Act as a mentor to support and provide guidance to more junior members of staff within the team
Desired Skills and Experience
- Both pre- and post-contract skills and experience, with a focus on cost planning
- Extensive residential and mixed-use experience, experience of high-rise buildings would be preferable
- Experience of managing/working on multiple projects at any given time
- Applies knowledge and experience intelligently to produce high quality work, practical and commercial solutions which meet client objectives
- Communicates clearly and concisely to clients on a range of complex issues and has the ability to produce high quality reports
- Contributes own views and ideas in a respectful manner and is receptive to those of others
- Identifies opportunities to add value and deepen the client relationship
- Ability to talk knowledgably and confidently about the business capabilities and what differentiates the client from competitors
- Channels own and others’ energy toward achieving business and practice group strategy
- MRICS or FRICS qualified
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is national construction consultancy that provide quantity surveying, cost management, project management and construction design management services to its clients.
With offices throughout the UK, the client is a well-established, household name within the industry and has a top 100 turnover amongst construction consultancies.
They can provide candidates with an exciting variety of work within the built environment.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Basic salary in the region of £50k - £65k depending on experience
• Discretionary bonus
• Private medical cover
• Pension scheme
• Season ticket loan
• Cycle to work scheme
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend