Senior Quantity Surveyor
A Senior Quantity Surveyor is being sought by a Tier 1 Main Contractor to work on multiple exciting commercial and healthcare projects in Luton. Such projects have an overall value of £150m. Could this be an excellent opportunity to showcase your skills?
The successful candidate will be multiple exciting commercial and healthcare projects in Luton. Such projects have an overall value of £150m. Such projects will involve either: demolition, new build or refurbishment.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will be reporting directly to the Commercial Manager and will be expected to perform a range of Quantity Surveying duties including, but not limited to:
- Contract administration
- Subcontractor management
- Conducting valuations
- Conducting measurements
- Cost value reconciliations
- Change schedule management
- Variations (compensation/additional time/ additional works)
- Pricing compensation
- Client liaison management
- Preparation of claims
- Preparation of final accounts
- Issuing Interim payments certificates
Desired Skills and Experience
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Extensive experience working on build projects
- Excellent negotiating skills
- IT Literate
- The ability to use your own initiative
- Work well within a team
- Highly organised
- Experience working on commercial & healthcare build projects is an advantage, but not essential for this role
A degree or similar equivalent in quantity surveying or alternative relevant discipline is highly desirable, but not essential for this role.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The interviewing company is a market leading Main Contractor with a turnover exceeding £1bn in the UK. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a big player and to prove, and enhance your skills on Major Projects.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£45k-£55k per annum + benefits