Senior Quantity Surveyor
The regional office of a major UK consultancy is looking for a Chartered Quantity Surveyor to work out of their Maidenhead, Berkshire office.
The successful candidate will work for a leading, global consultancy with a blue chip client list. The position would suit any Chartered Quantity Surveyors who have experience of working at a senior level on large scale projects and based in the Berkshire area or surrounding counties.
The hiring company work on projects in most sectors of the construction industry including:
- And more
The majority of their work is within the Berkshire area and surrounding counties, however on occasions they will take work further afield.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for the delivery of the entire project.
- Responsible for the development of the cost management strategy and delivery.
- Establishing effective processes and systems to be utilised throughout the project.
- Producing cost plans and costs reports.
- Manage Risk processes and Value Management.
- Tracking and documenting changes.
- Preparing written project communication material.
- Preparing formal project progress and other reports.
- Work with supply chain and implement effective procurement.
- Liaising with the client, contractors and designers.
- Responsible for managing the sub-consultants and Construction Managers.
- Attending and chairing meetings.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Be conversant in large project delivery.
- Understand the market, contractors and stakeholders in delivery large projects.
- Be familiar with supply chains.
- Have experience of working with design teams.
- Have experience of working within an Inter-disciplinary organisation.
- Degree or similar equivalent in a relevant subject such as Quantity Surveying
- Must be Chartered – Ideally via the RICS. However other similar equivalents such as the ICES would be considered.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is an established and well regarded multidisciplined consultancy with offices throughout the UK as well as an international presence. They can provide candidates with the opportunity to work on a wide range of large scales projects across multiple projects.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£50k - £65k (DOE)
+ Car Allowance
+ Life Insurance
+ RICS fees paid
+ Contributory Pension
+ 24 days holiday with flexibility to buy / sell days