Senior Quantity SurveyorRef MAX8944 Consultant Steve Thomas Region South East England Location Maidenhead, Berkshire Salary Negotiable Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 03/07/2020 Status Live
An experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor Cost Manager is needed to work on various projects based from Maidenhead, Berkshire.
In particular, an experienced cost management professional is needed with a minimum of 15 years’ experience with experience of working on large scale commercial fit out and construction projects.
The right candidate should have extensive post-qualification experience and have knowledge and experience of the commercial sector and the challenges of delivering large commercial schemes.
Reporting to a Director, you will be working as part of a wider team as well as working with the project delivery design team and client organisation.
You will be the Senior QS / Senior Cost Manager leading a number of concurrent projects based in the region.
Responsibilities and Duties
- As Senior QS Cost Manager you will be responsible for the delivery of the entire project.
- Responsible for the development of the cost management strategy and delivery.
- Establishing effective processes and systems to be utilised throughout the project.
- Producing cost plans and costs reports.
- Manage Risk processes and Value Management.
- Tracking and documenting changes.
- Preparing written project communication material.
- Preparing formal project progress and other reports.
- Work with supply chain and implement effective procurement.
- Liaising with the client, contractors and designers.
- Responsible for managing the sub-consultants and Construction Managers.
- Attending and chairing meetings.
Desired Skills and Experience
- As Senior QS Cost Manager you will have a track record of delivering entire projects.
- Experienced in the development of cost management strategy and delivery.
- Experienced in using effective processes and systems
- Experience of producing cost plans and costs reports.
- Experience of managing Risk processes and Value Management.
- Experience of managing sub-consultants and Construction Managers.
- Able to successfully chair meetings.
- Conversant in large project delivery.
- Understand the market, contractors and stakeholders in delivery large projects.
- Be familiar with supply chains.
- Have experience of working with design teams.
- Have experience of working within an Inter-disciplinary organisation.
- Must be professionally qualified in Quantity Surveying – MRICS.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company seeking Building Surveying and Quantity Surveying staff is a specialist, mid-sized construction consultancy with multiple regional offices across the UK.
The Manchester office continues to have ambitious growth plans for the the Manchester and North West area. The southern region office in Berkshire is also busy.
The client offers a personable and professional working environment, with access to interesting, large scale and complex projects as well as a competitive basic salary and extensive benefits package.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
A competitive salary will be offered, car allowance, BUPA, Life insurance, payment of RICS fees, discretionary Bonus and contributory pension, 24 days holiday plus public holiday.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend