Senior Quantity Surveyor
The regional office of a major UK consultancy is looking for a Chartered Quantity Surveyor to work out of their Maidenhead, Berkshire office.
The successful Senior Quantity Surveyor candidate will work for a leading, global consultancy with a blue-chip client list. The position would suit any Chartered Quantity Surveyors who have experience of working at a senior level within a consultancy or a client-side office working on a variety of medium/large projects ideally in the industrial sector.
The hiring company is a cost and project management consultancy that works on projects in most sectors of the construction industry including, industrial, residential, Commercial, education and others. The successful candidate will be responsible for running several multi-million-pound schemes.
In particular, you will be focused on cost management of a variety of new build industrial projects.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor role, whilst office based will involve travel to sites in and around M25. The successful candidate will report direct to the Business Unit directors and whilst working as a part of a wider team would be expected to support and manage junior staff within the team.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Duties & Responsibilities of the Chartered Senior Quantity Surveyor include being;
- Responsible for the delivery of entire industrial and commercial projects
- Responsible for the development of the cost management strategy and delivery.
- Establishing effective processes and systems to be utilised throughout the project.
- Producing cost plans and costs reports.
- Manage Risk processes and Value Management.
- Tracking and documenting changes.
- Preparing written project communication material.
- Preparing formal project progress and other reports.
- Work with supply chain and implement effective procurement.
- Liaising with the client, contractors, and designers.
- Responsible for managing the sub-consultants and Construction Managers.
- Attending and chairing meetings.
- Good understanding of NEC and JCT Form Contracts
Desired Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years’ PQE post Chartership experience working within a cost consultancy or a client-side office including carrying out Employer’s Agent and/or PM role.
- Strong track record of delivering projects.
- Be conversant in medium/large project delivery.
- Understand the market, contractors, and stakeholders in delivery large projects.
- Be familiar with supply chains.
- Have experience of working with design teams.
- Have experience of working within an Inter-disciplinary organisation.
- Must be Chartered – Ideally via the RICS. However other similar equivalents such as the ICES would be considered.
- Degree or similar equivalent in a relevant subject such as Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is an established and well regarded multidisciplinary consultancy with offices throughout the UK as well as an international presence.
They can provide candidates with the opportunity to work on a wide range of large scale projects across multiple project types.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- A competitive salary dependant on experience
- Car allowance
- Life insurance
- Payment of RICS fees
- Discretionary Bonus and contributory pension
- 24 days holiday plus public holiday (plus ability to buy/sell days).