Senior Quantity Surveyor
A leading national civil engineering contractor is looking to hire a Senior Quantity Surveyor to work from their Milton Keynes office. The successful candidate will likely be a Quantity Surveyor with experience of working on civil engineering projects for a main contractor or specialist civils / groundwork's sub-contractor with an RICS recognised degree in Quantity Surveying and interested in working for a leading main contractor on civil engineering projects.
The company specialise in the civil engineering aspects of large projects. A large part of their business is in the retail sector, performing the groundwork's, medial works and external works to large buildings such as supermarkets, shopping centres and distribution centres.
However they are not limited to such work and perform as a main contractor or sub-contractor on a variety of other civil engineering projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor within the business unit, you will be expected to commercially manage one or more projects (depending on size) whilst typically mentoring a junior member of staff. Your time will be split between the office and site and you will report directly into the Commercial Manager for the office. Typical Duties will include:
- Management of sub-contractors
- Mentoring of junior staff
- Ensuring business commercial processes are adhered to at project level.
- Preparation and monitoring of project cash flow forecasts
- Measuring, valuation, submit and negotiate contract variations
- Preparing to submit and negotiate project final accounts
- Preparing and writing regular reports for the Commercial Manager
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience of Quantity Surveying on specialist civil engineering / infrastructure projects or the civils aspects of projects within the built environment
- Candidates will have worked for a reputable contractor for a prolonged period of time
- Proven experience of successfully managing junior members of staff and aiding their development is desired
- Post contract experience in a Project QS / senior QS role is essential
- a CV showing clear and stable career progression is desired
- Strong Organisation & Planning skills
- Possess an RICS supported Degree / qualification in Quantity Surveying
Employing Company Overview and Profile
With over 50 years experience of delivering major infrastructure projects in the UK and Ireland, the hiring company is a specialist civil engineering contractor with numerous offices throughout the UK. They have a commercial team of Circa 11 staff working from Milton Keynes and due to strong performance are looking to expand this team this year. They can offer the successful candidate a strong start to their career with a market leading contractor on exciting projects as well as a stable business unit where many members of the Commercial team have been with the business for many years.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£38k - £58k (DOE)