Senior Quantity Surveyor
A Senior Quantity Surveyor is required to join a leading regional main contractor based in Birmingham to manage new build and refurbishment projects in the West Midlands region. The successful candidate will act as the lead Quantity Surveyor on 2 - 3 projects in the Birmingham area, with assistance from junior commercial staff on each project.
The successful candidate will be expected to manage multiple projects typically valued between £500k - £5m. You will have site support on each project from junior members of the commercial team.
The company carry out work on new build and refurbishment projects across a number of specific sectors of the built environment, including:
- Industrial & Commercial
- Leisure & retail
- Framework Agreements
Responsibilities and Duties
Your role will be Head Office based in North Birmingham, but will require significant travel to sites in and around the Birmingham area. You will need to manage and co-ordinate the junior, site based members of your team whilst supporting them on higher level issues that will arise on each project and providing reports on the progress of your projects to the Commercial Director.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates should have a solid track record of delivering multiple projects valued over £1m
- Candidates will have previous experience of working for reputable main contractors
- Candidates with experience of using COINS are highly desirable, however this is not essential
- Candidates will ideally be qualified to Degree level or similar equivalent
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is an award winning regional main contractor based in the West Midlands. They carry out a wide range of projects in the built environment, giving candidates an ideal opportunity to experience working on a appealing variety of work with the company. They offer a comprehensive employment package and a competitive basic salary as well as supporting candidates who are looking to achieve their Chartered status as a Quantity Surveyor.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Circa £40k - £55k Basic Salary
- Company Car or Car Allowance
- 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays
- Optional Bupa private health care
- Contributed pension
- Life Insurance Cover
- Critical Illness Cover
- Professional membership reimbursement