Senior Quantity Surveyor
A Senior Quantity Surveyor is being sought by one of the UK's largest main contractors to work on large social and speculative housing projects in the North London area. Could this be an excellent opportunity to showcase your skills?
The successful candidate will be required to work on exciting large scale social and speculative housing projects in the North London area. The values for these projects range from £4m-£30m.
Responsibilities and Duties
As the Senior Quantity Surveyor on this project, you will be site based and the primary day-to-day commercial representative for the company on site. You will need to work largely independently, however there will be support from the Commercial Manager where required. Duties will include:
- Contract administration
- Subcontractor management
- Conducting valuations
- Cost value reconciliations
- Change schedule management
- Variations (compensation/additional time/ additional works)
- Pricing compensation
- Client liaison management
- Preparation of final accounts
- Issuing Interim payments certificates
Desired Skills and Experience
- The ideal candidate will have extensive experience of working for a reputable main contractor on large housing projects. Candidates with extensive experience working for a main contractor on large scale build projects will be considered.
- Demonstrable ability to carry out the full range of Senior Quantity Surveyor duties with minimum supervision (as set out above) is required
- Candidates will have ideally solely managed projects in excess of £10m previously. Multiple examples of performing successfully in this role would be advantageous.
- You will be highly computer literate and have an excellent standard of numeracy and literacy.
- The ideal candidate will be highly organised.
- Familiar with NEC and JCT Contracts.
- A degree or equivalent in Quantity Surveying or a similar relevant discipline is desirable, although not vital for this vacancy.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
My client is a UK leader in the property development/regeneration sector. This contractor has turned over more than 1 billion GDP which illustrates their success and hard-working nature. My client operates multiple offices in the UK and employs over 3,000 workers, making them one of the UK’s largest housing contractors. My client offers exciting career opportunities, as well as a range of projects that will challenge and stretch you.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£50k-£65k per annum + benefits