Senior Quantity Surveyor
A Senior Quantity Surveyor/Cost Manager is required to join a top end construction and management consultancy in their Nottingham office, taking the lead on projects in their building sector including mixed use, commercial, residential, and other types of large scale projects in the Midlands. You will be the Senior Quantity Surveyor working alongside a Director of cost management. There is clear scope for progression in this role.
You will be working on large building projects in the mixed use, commercial, and residential sectors, but not limited to these specific sectors.
Main Purpose of the role:
- To act as the key, day to day client interface, ensuring that client objectives are met through the delivery of a premium cost management service.
- To assist in business development, bid writing and work winning, utilizing market knowledge to fuel sector growth.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Conducting feasibility studies and writing procurement reports
- Applying Value Management techniques at the outset of a project and where appropriate involving our specialist Value Management team
- Managing estimating and cost planning activities to include taking ownership of and presenting the final cost plan
- Ensuring that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively
- Ensuring that cost checking and valuation work is managed effectively
- Ensuring the production of monthly post-contract cost reports and presenting them to the client Value engineering and life cycle costing
- Ensuring that final accounts are negotiated and agreed
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working on projects in the building sector is essential
- Experience working for a consultancy is preferred
- Main Contracting experience is considered if you have sufficient pre contract experience
- Degree qualified or equivalent- preferably construction related
- Full or on route to full membership of the RICS is strongly preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The employer is a world leading international construction and management consultancy with offices worldwide. They provide Cost Management, Project Management, Management Consultancy and Contract Services to public and private sectors across a wide range of construction projects.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a car allowance, pension, health insurance scheme, life insurance plan, and other market leading benefits.