Senior Quantity Surveyor
Senior Quantity Surveyor / PQS job vacancy with a Chartered QS and PM Consultancy working on building projects in the East Midlands and UK wide.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast growing and highly reputable Midlands based consultancy that has seen their turnover increase substantially over the last 12 months and are looking to further expand in 2021 with the expansion of their office in East Nottingham.
This Cost Manager employer client is seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor from a PQS background, who is capable of running their own projects and is either Chartered or is very near to becoming Chartered with the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors RICS.
Senior Quantity Surveyor / Senior Cost Manager job role reporting to the Associate Director, and to work within a Cost Management team based from the Nottingham office.
There will be the opportunity to work from home by agreement for 2 days a week also.
Project work comprises of live housing and residential projects, healthcare, industrial and commercial/office projects based in the Midlands, and across England.
Work can include both new build construction and refurbishment works.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Senior Quantity Surveyor job role will involve pre and post-contract quantity surveying duties although there may be a principal focus towards providing excellent pre-contract services to repeat client customers.
It will be essential that applicants be capable of managing small to medium sized projects independently.
Ideally you will have good experience of managing multiple projects concurrently.
Typical Senior Quantity Surveyor / Senior Cost Consultant duties will include:
- Management of and hands on participation in the production of Cost Estimates
- Management of and hands on participation in the production of Schedules of Work
- Management of and hands on participation in the production of Builders' Quantities
- Management of and hands on participation in the production of Bills of Quantities
- Management of and hands on participation in the production of Estimates
- Responsibility for the preparation of Feasibility studies
- Responsibility for the preparation of Tender and contract documentation
- Cost Reporting
- Final Accounts
Desired Skills and Experience
- Senior Quantity Surveyors / Senior Cost Managers must have cost consultancy experience within a UK PQS Private practice environment.
- Experience of working as a QS / Cost Consultant / Employers Agent on building projects is desired
- Candidates must be capable of managing small to medium sized projects independently
- A combination of pre and post contract experience is desirable
- Experience of managing and supporting junior members of staff is expected
- Be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Be able to demonstrate excellent planning and organisational skills
- A BSc in Quantity Surveying or equivalent is expected
- MRICS is highly desirable, however candidates working towards this will be considered
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The successful candidate will join an established and growing Leicestershire based cost consultancy / QS and project management / PM consultancy which can offer their employees a mature, professional and collaborative working environment.
The company office for this Senior QS job are based east of Nottingham and are easily accessible from across the region. Working from home for a few days a week is also possible.
This RICS accredited employer has an enviable pipeline of work with a loyal, established and expanding client base.
Of particular note for candidate job seekers considering a job to join and work with them, they can demonstrate a fantastic track record of promoting from within their business and there is a clear route for the successful candidate to be made an Associate Director within the business in due course if they have the motivation and capability to progress their career. The company enjoys a vibrant social interaction with staff and client customers and they are looking forward to restarting varied staff social events as well as promoting charity fundraising events within the community.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- In house and external training provided
- Flexible working arrangements including the opportunity to work from home a number of days per week.