Senior Quantity Surveyor
A Senior Quantity Surveyor is required to work for a specialist groundwork's contractor based in Nuneaton, Warwickshire. The successful candidate will join a small commercial team and report directly to the Director of the business. You will play an integral part in delivering pre and post contract duties for the business. Candidates with good knowledge of sites and operational skills would be preferred as this role incorporates some Project Management duties as well as typical QS responsibilities.
This vacancy is largely office based in Nuneaton, but will require site travel where necessary. Candidates working through their own Ltd company will be considered as well as candidates seeking a standard full time. permanent role.
The company specialise in the groundwork's and drainage of roads & highways projects. They typically work as a sub-contractor for the larger main contractors in this field and perform all tasks on the project up to the point of the road / motorway being surfaced. Projects typically span within a 80 mile radius of Nuneaton.
Responsibilities and Duties
In this role, you will report directly to the Director of the business and be the most senior member of a small commercial team responsible for delivering projects across the business. You will provide commercial advice and assistance at pre and post contract stages of multiple projects. You will assist in all day-to-day activities for the business including valuations, take offs, cost / value reports, tendering and contract administration.
This is an office based role, however travel to site will be required frequently and sites can be anywhere up to 2 hours from Nuneaton.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates must have some experience in working on groundwork's packages. Ideally on roads / utilities projects.
- Previous experience of working for a sub-contractor is desired but not necessarily essential
- Candidates must have strong experience in basic day-to-day duties such as producing valuations, managing sub-contractors and performing take offs.
- Candidates will ideally have a good understanding of site based issues and operational skills and tasks on site as the role will incorporate some Project Management duties.
- Likewise, a good Project Manager (or similar) with excellent experience in general QS duties such as producing valuations, managing sub-contractors and performing take offs would potentially suit this position.
- Ideally candidates will have a formal qualification in Quantity Surveying or similar, however relevant experience is more desirable.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company have been established for over 20 years and are a growing business with great opportunities for Quantity Surveyors to take on more responsibility. They typically work as a sub-contractor for the larger well known contractors and perform, groundwork's, drainage and kerbing of major and minor roads and motorways in the Midlands region.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£40k - £60k + Vehicle (Negotiable)