Senior Quantity Surveyor
A highly reputable Central London based contractor is looking to hire a Senior Quantity Surveyor for their office at Oxford Circus, London. The successful candidate will become the lead commercial contact for the business on this project and report to the Managing Quantity Surveyor. You will work in a senior role as part of a site based team on a £15m Office Refurbishment project in Central London, due to start on site in September.
The successful candidate will help manage a team of staff set to commence work on a £15m Office Refurbishment project in Central London.
The hiring company typically specialise in working with blue chip clients in Central London on large scale refurbishment projects. The typical value of their individual projects range from £5m to £30m in value and are largely in the commercial and residential sectors. 90% of their projects are within a 5 mile radius of their Oxford Circus Office.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will work in a senior role on as the commercial lead on the project and will report to the Managing Quantity Surveyor. You will be expected to manage and mentor junior members of the commercial team and work closely with the project manager to ensure the project is completed to budget. Typical duties will include:
- Managing Sub-contractors
- Dealing with Variations
- Contract Administration
- Monitoring costs on the project
- Reporting progress to senior management
- Regularly meeting with the client to provide regular updates
- Attending and being a senior figure in meeting with internal and external staff
Once the project is finished, the successful candidate will be expected to assist the Managing Quantity Surveyor in tendering for future work and will then follow through successful tenders on to site. This role gives candidates a great opportunity to work on pre and post contract work.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates will have worked on complex projects in the built environment as the commercial lead
- Candidates will ideally have some exposure to pre and post contract work, however pre contract experience is not essential for particularly strong post contract Quantity Surveyors.
- Candidates should be able to provide evidence of successfully managing & mentoring junior members of staff
- Candidates should be highly confident and have strong client facing skills
- Candidates must display a strong work ethic
- Strong organisation and planning skills are essential
- Excellent written and verbal English skills are essential
- Candidates should have completed a Degree qualification (or similar equivalent) in Quantity Surveying or other relevant subject
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company was set up 10 years ago by several Industry leading Directors and the business has grown year on year to its current turnover of £102m. They have 126 staff in total, who are spread between their Oxford Circus based office and sites within Central London. They are a medium sized business that are highly professional and work with Blue Chip clients. They have a strong 'work hard, play hard' work ethic within company and would suit candidates who would like to work in such an environment.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£60k - £80k Basic Salary
+ Car Allowance
+ Other Benefits