Senior Quantity Surveyor
Senior Quantity Surveyor job to work with a contractor on a civil engineering road maintenance contract to maintain the highway and structures and related maintenance and repairs on a major motorway in Oxfordshire.
This role will be based working from home and at times on site at the site offices located at Banbury Oxfordshire, just off Junction 11 of the M40.
You will be responsible for the cost and contractual functions on a c£30m a year highways maintenance contract that is likely to run at the same level for the next 6 years.
Responsibilities and Duties
Key elements of the role will include Contract Administration, Commercial Strategy Implementation, Applications for Payment, Cash Management, Supply Chain Management, Change Management, Risks & Opportunity Management & Month End Reporting.
A key part of this role will involve Change Control, including the administration of Additional Works Notifications and Purchase Orders under the Contract.
This will require an upfront & proactive approach to the management of change, close liaison with internal colleagues & the need to form strong, open working relationships with external colleagues based on trust & integrity.
Another key part of this role will be providing support to the Finance Manager in the preparation & submission of Applications for Payment, Internal & External Forecasting, Accruals & Client Month End Reports.
You will be required to maintain a data base of accredited subcontractors, advise on procurement strategy, allocate work, agree, and raise contract order documents and oversee monthly payments.
Assisting in the pursuit of Green Claim income including liaising with specialist legal representatives and loss adjusters.
Desired Skills and Experience
- This role would suit a hands-on Quantity Surveyor or Senior Quantity Surveyor who is confident in using MS Excel and keen to drill into data and draw logical conclusions from it.
- A background in finance, or quantity surveying is required.
- Experience of working on Civil Engineering and Infrastructure projects, including new build roads or road term maintenance contracts.
- Good working knowledge and understanding of main forms of contract, sub-contracts, and procurement options.
- Proven ability to successfully implement Commercial Management functions, processes, and procedures.
- Capability to Commercially manage a portfolio of major projects or frameworks.
- Confident with proven interpersonal and communication skills
- Good IT Skills
- Knowledge and implementation of Risk management processes
- Experience of bidding processes and good presentation skills
- MRICS, MCInstCES status or equivalent
- A degree in Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management or similar
- PRINCE2 Accreditation
- Familiarity with the Highways England Project Control Framework Process would be advanageous
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This QS job is to join a freestanding project team working on a long term contract that will run for another 6 years or so. This highways contractor is part of a long established international building and civil engineering contracting organisation.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Car or Car Allowance