Senior Quantity Surveyor
A Quantity Surveyor is required to join a consultancy in Peterborough on water sector projects. You will be responsible for the delivery of commercial, contract and correspondence management relative to water treatment plants and pipeline networks throughout the region. Experience of working as a Quantity Surveyor on processing plants is an advantage.
You will be working on projects in the water sector including water treatment plants and pipeline networks. You will be responsible for managing projects of varying values, whether it be a project circa £25m or a section of a much larger project.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Take responsibility for end to end service delivery, often with respect to large or complex commissions.
- To act as the key, day to day client interface, ensuring that client objectives are met through the delivery of a value added cost management service.
- Managing estimating and cost planning activities to include taking ownership of and presenting the final cost plan.
- Supporting the procurement process by working alongside the procurement leads.
- Ensuring that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively.
- Ensuring that cost auditing and valuation work is managed effectively.
- Carry out the production of monthly post-contract cost reports and presenting them to the client.
- Ensuring that final accounts are negotiated and agreed in a timely manner.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous water or waste project experience is preferred, or other heavy civils experience.
- Experience of leading cost management on infrastructure projects of medium to high complexity.
- People management experience, particularly in the context of managing a cost management team delivering a project.
- Experience of NEC Form of Contract, in particular option C - target cost.
- Experience of risk management and efficiency driving through project lifecycle
Membership of the RICS, ICES or similar recognised body is preferred however not essential for a Quantity Surveyor with the right experience
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The interviewing company is a major player in construction and civil engineering consultancy services in the UK and wider international market. They have an expanding civils and infrastructure division in the UK and are commonly awarded work on some of the most prestigious projects nationwide.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a fantastic salary and package, inclusive of a car allowance, private health, and pension scheme.