Senior Quantity SurveyorRef MAX7014 Job Posted 03/10/2018 Region South East England Location Reading, Berkshire Salary £50k - £60k + package Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Senior Quantity Surveyor with a Main Contracting background to join a global construction consultancy in their Reading office. Your focus as the Senior Quantity Surveyor will be on water sector projects, on a major £3.8bn programme. Your main focus will be on water treatment plants, as well as associated pipelines and civils works.
You will be working on a £3.8bn programme in the water sector as a Senior Quantity Surveyor. Your main focus will be on water treatment plants, as well as associated pipelines and civils works.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Working closely with multidisciplinary teams
- Assessing, understanding, and assisting in the delivery of pre and post contract services as Quantity Surveyor
- Validation of cost structures
- Production of accurate cost estimates
- Providing interim payment applications
- Giving procurement advice
- Assessing variations and working on claim assessments, claims management
- Working closely with the project managers on site
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working for a Main Contractor
- Quantity Surveying background in either the utilities, oil & gas, or general civils and infrastructure is required
- NEC contract experience is preferred but not essential should you show the ability to utilise
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or similar construction discipline
- Member of the RICS or ICES is desired
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company are a global consultancy in construction, operating in various project sectors across the UK. They maintain a vast network of offices on various continents, and provide unrivaled training, exposure and opportunities to some of the most exciting projects in the UK and worldwide.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a very competitive basic salary and package.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend