Senior Quantity SurveyorRef MAX8392 Job Posted 13/03/2018 Region South East England Location Reading, Berkshire Salary £50k - £70k + package Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Adam Cadwaladr
A Senior Quantity Surveyor is required in Reading, to work on process plants within a major water programme. You will a Senior Quantity Surveyor eoyed by an international construction consultancy, whilst seconded into a Tier 1 contractor undergoing a role as a contractors Senior Quantity Surveyor, gaining unrivalled exposure to both types working environments over time. You should be a Senior Quantity Surveyor with NEC contract experience in the civils and infrastructure sector, and some experience working for a contracting organisation.
As Senior Quantity Surveyor you will undergo commercial and cost management duties on water process plants, as part of a much larger water framework. The majority of projects will be waste water process with some exposure to clean water process plants as well.
Responsibilities and Duties
You will be responsible for the following duties as Senior Quantity Surveyor:
• Manage the commercial resources of the assigned project (or section) to maximise planned gross margin through the placement and control of contracts and subcontracts
• Provide commercial expertise to contracts, to include the production and submission of valuations, claims, budget monitoring, and contract/work stream performance data
• Assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks and implement the company's policies for risk management
• Support the authorisation and submission of project variations.
• Authorise the placement of contracts, subcontracts, material and plant orders
• Maximise cash flow through the control, measurement and valuation of work
• Value work executed by sub-contractors and certify interim and final payments.
• Management of junior members of staff
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working for a Main Contractor is preferred as you will be seconded to a Tier 1 contractor, through a global consultancy
- Quantity Surveying background in either the utilities, oil & gas, or general civils and infrastructure
- NEC contract experience is essential
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or similar construction discipline
- Member of the RICS or ICES is preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
You will be seconded into a Tier 1 contractor whilst being exposed to fantastic career opportunities within a global construction consultancy. Your employer will be a global consultancy that operates in all fields of construction, with the ability to expose it’ staff to different working environments such as this unique opportunity.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a very competitive basic salary and package.
- Senior Quantity Surveyor Central London - £50k - £60k + package
- Senior Quantity Surveyor Guildford, Surrey - £50k - £60k + package
- Senior Quantity Surveyor Cambridge - £50k - £60k + package
- Senior Quantity Surveyor Burton-on-Trent, Derbyshire - £45k - £55k + Car + Benefits
- Senior Quantity Surveyor Dubai, UAE - 38k – 44k AED per month all in
Recommend this job to a friend
Send the details of this job to someone you think might be suitable.Recommend a friend