Senior Quantity SurveyorRef MAX7496 Job Posted 23/03/2017 Region Midlands and East Anglia Location Rugby - Warwickshire Salary £40k - £55k + Benefits Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
A Senior Quantity Surveyor is required to work for a highly reputable regional main contractor based out of their Rugby Head Office in Warwickshire. The successful candidate will join a business established over 100 years ago and work as part of a close commercial team on projects up to £30m in the built environment.
The company perform as a main contractor on projects up to £30m in value across the building and civil engineering sector in the Midlands and South of England.
The successful candidate will work from the Rugby Head Office and typically be assigned a project within an hour's commute of the office.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will report directly to the Commercial Manager of the business and will take full commercial responsibility for a project within the built environment, likely in the region of £5m - £15m (depending on experience). Typical Duties:
- Procurement and anagement of sub-contractors
- Managing the finances relating to the project(s)
- Forecasting and Report Writing
- Contract Administration / Management
- Recovery of values
- Cost Value Reconciliations
- Mentoring junior members of the commercial team
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience of working for a larger regional contractor or national main contractor is desired
- A CV demonstrating clear and stable career progression as a Quantity Surveyor is desired
- Experience of working as the Project Quantity Surveyor on projects in excess of £5m is desired
- Strong organisation and planning skills
- Excellent level of written and verbal English
- Hold a formal qualification is Quantity Surveying or other relevant subject. A degree is preferred.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This is a long established family ran regional main contractor with a £80m turnover and growing. They can perform on projects within building and civil engineering sectors and have offices situated all around the Midlands and South of England.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£40k - £55k + Benefits
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend