Senior Quantity Surveyor
A Senior Quantity Surveyor is required to work on projects as part of an £800m, 10 years contract relating to new build projects on MoD bases in the Wiltshire region. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor at a Senior level to join a rapidly growing office of a tier 1 main contractor on exciting new build MoD projects.
The contract is worth £800m over 10 years and involves a large number of new build and refurbishment projects inside MoD sites largely within a 10 mile radius of Salisbury in Wiltshire.
Responsibilities and Duties
As Senior Quantity Surveyor you will report directly to the Commercial Manager. You will be expected to work as the lead Quantity Surveyor on larger schemes or potentially multiple schemes whilst having an Assistant QS to delegate work to accordingly. Commercial Manager on larger schemes.
Typical duties will include:
- Contract administration
- Subcontractor management
- Conducting valuations
- Conducting measurements
- Cost value reconciliations
- Change schedule management
- Variations (compensation/additional time/ additional works)
- Pricing compensation
- Client liaison management
- Preparation of claims
- Preparation of final accounts
- Issuing Interim payments certificates
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience of working for a contractor, rather than a Consultancy is essential. This will ideally be a larger, process driven national or regional contractor.
- Experience of working in the role as lead commercial member of staff on site for several projects in the built environment such as schools, residential developments, commercial / leisure facilities etc is essential.
- Experience of managing junior level Quantity Surveyors successfully whilst aiding in their development
- Ability to learn and / or adhere to strict processes is essential
- Candidates will be qualified to Degree level or hold a similar equivalent qualification in a relevant subject.
- Membership to a professional body such as the RICS or CIOB would be an advantage, but not essential.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is one of the UK's largest main contractors. They have offices throughout the UK and a strong International presence also. They are working in JV on this contact which offers the successful candidate the opportunity to work on exciting new build projects in close proximity to each other as well as an unprecedented longevity of future work in the region.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£40k - £55k (DOE) + Benefits